We have been working incredibly hard to keep our services as accessible as possible during the Covid-19 pandemic, offering virtual triage as the first point of contact in order to help keep our workforce and communities safe. This is exactly what the Government has been encouraging us to do.
This does not mean our practice has stopped face-to-face appointments, and we continue to offer these where safe and necessary.
We have continued to work throughout the pandemic adapting quickly to what was a massive shift in usual working pattern.
There will always be a need for some patients to see their GP or another clinician in person, and where it is safe to do so and clinically appropriate practice always ensure this is facilitated.
Our clinical team continues to provide care via video, phone or face to face appointments.
As our patients, you can help us. Here’s how:
- Please check our website and NHS choices which both have lots of information about how to help yourself if you have a minor illness. Our website also has details of local helplines and groups you can contact for wellbeing issues.
- You can also use the expertise of your local pharmacist – information about how your pharmacy can help.
- Please stay on top of your medications and don’t let them run out.
- Be kind to our navigators and reception teams – they often have limited appointments to offer.
- Please do get in touch with us if you have potentially serious problems, such as potential signs of cancer.
- Self-isolate for 10 days if you have COVID symptoms – call 111 if you start to feel worse.
- We will continue to offer COVID vaccinations to our patients. Please wait to be contacted rather than contacting us – we’ll be in touch when it’s your turn.
Our GPs are working extremely hard to provide as normal a service as possible but, at times, we may need to prioritise those that are acutely unwell and delay seeing those with chronic / long term conditions and non-urgent cases and it may take longer to get back to you following receipt of your enquiry. We appreciate your support as we work through these challenges. To reduce transmission risk, access to the surgery is restricted to those with pre-arranged appointments. The door will be closed so please use Ask My GP or phone the practice to speak to Reception.
Please note: During all surgery opening days, prescription and prearranged collectable items can only be dealt with between 2pm – 3pm. All prescription requests will be done electronically. You can request prescriptions via patient access on your phone or website. Alternatively you can e-mail email@example.com . Thank you for your understanding.